Re: [microsound] filmsound

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, anechoicmedia wrote:

> I was watching 'Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens' last weekend and
> wondered what the film would play like with a glitch soundtrack instead of
> the predictable organ soundtrack provided...I had also recently seen
> Phillip Glass perform a live soundtrack to Dracula and felt that it would
> have been much more interesting had someone like Oval, Neina or Farmers
> Manual done the sound...

they showed this film at a local coffee shop here in southern california.
for the soundtrack, a fellow named alex (plays in the band "bassland") did
the music -- it was improv and ranged from very structured electronic
music (house/techno/downtempo) to very very glitchy and abstract.  the
more abstract and glitchy moments seemed to work VERY well with the film..
they gave the film a nice edge.  quite the memorable experience.

i have not seen the film in any other context to make a fair comparison
though...

chris.

music for lunchpails . wednesdays 6-9pm . kuci 88.9fm . www.kuci.org
"you're not supposed to quote yourself in a sig!"  -me.
it.s ok to like noise it.s okay to like house it.s okay to like pop