Re: [microsound] filmsound

Miau-Miau International wrote:

> given the deep synergistic relation of sound and image --
> best to have a healthy respect for great works of cinema.
> first rule: do no harm.
>
> "the passion of joan of arc" is such a brilliant film that
> maybe it's best left silent

I understand your point, but if one is going to watch a film multiple
times (and I do, especially something like PoJoA) I would enjoy
different interpretations. And yes, sometimes they fall flat!

Sean Cooper wrote:

> >And how could I have forgotten Tarkovsky... Stalker demands some kind of
> >quiet and quirky treatment!
>
> well, one was given by robert rich and brian "lustmord" williams a few
> years back...

Not bad, but I was thinking of something a little different...

> in defense of artemyev, his soundtracks for many of tarkovsky's films
> (particularly "stalker" and "solaris") were ahead of their time,
> particularly in the context of russian film.

No disrespect to Artemyev, his work is wonderful. I do like the idea of
being able to see/hear different takes on a film (at least in my head).
I guess it's a little like remixing... when it's done well it can really
change a piece, when it's done poorly you just wonder, "what's the
point?!"

the foundry
realaudio samples via:
http://www.foundrysite.com/sounds1.html

out now...
eM <the motor sessions ep> (lmtd. 7"/lmtd. cdr)
the foundry <mote> (cd)

and...
eM remix on <knots> issued on thousand/wmo
http://wiremailorder.com/thousand/knots.htm