Re: [microsound] failure and production (or lack thereof)

>no, i too spend heaps of time, although not in one go. in general i reckon
>you should walk away from a piece when it's almost done and then come back
>later.
>
>that way you can objectively hear what is done and see what needs doing more
>clearly.

I agree- Certain labels and/or artists release like there is some sort of
race going on- When you listen to their production it sometimes has a
rough-draft feel to it/ almost as if it is an unfinished piece- Perhaps
this is the intention... perhaps not... Constant releasing also borders on
the potential creation of a generic-type sound, rather than an evolving
sound concept-

Although I do agree that there is a possibility of being 'right on' with a
composition that just comes to you- Inspiration has no value for time...
so, treasures can be birthed in ten minutes just as in ten years...

..avoid clutter.appreciate techno.