Re: site of sound

Mike McNulty wrote:
>the clear distiction is that the mathematician is a mathematician and by all
>mean not a bard, in the traditional bardic sense. I wouldn't want to find my
>self in a trap which holds only bardic epics as the only for of writing. I
>am really into the idea of a mathematician writing a poem, and how that can
>intervene with the idea of writing a poem.

OULIPO is the Ouvroir de Littérature Potentielle, or Workshop of Potential
Literature, a group of writers and mathematicians. Members
include Raymond Queneau, François Le Lionnais, Claude Berge, Georges Perec,
and Italo Calvino.
This laboratory of literary structures produced, among other works,
Queneau's outlandish book: Cent Mille Milliards de Poèmes, which
indeed offers the reader one hundred trillion poems.
Among the many peculiar procedures developed by Oulipo is the S+7 method,
where each substantive or noun in a given text, such as a
poem, is systematically replaced by the noun to be found seven places away
in a chosen dictionary. The results are far more provocative
than might be expected.