Re: Re: [microsound] BOOKS.. On Sonic

Audible Design is a fantastic book which comes with a CD of sonice examples,
referred to in the text. It is full of Trevors ideas concerning Sonic
composition (and how this compares to musical composition), and quite
detailed information concerning some very complicated sound manipulation
processes.   would definitely recommend this book to anyone using CSound or
the Cecilia software.

Regarding the earlier comments concerning Academia, I am currently trying to
write my PhD thesis, and whilst browsing the web for help etc, I came across
this quote, which pretty much sums it up as far as I am concerned :

The average Ph.D. thesis is nothing but the transference of bones
          from one graveyard to another.
                         -- Frank J. Dobie
Cheers,
Rob