Nyman's *Experimental Music: Cage and Beyond*

Yes, I too am curious about this reprinting.  I have the library copy of
the original edition, and for my graduate thesis show I've been using it
for its coverage of experimental notation.  Any opinions on the the new
edition and if it covers any new ground?  (I was THIS close to buying
it, and decided to wait till I heard something . . .)

I'm also working my way through Douglas Kahn's _Noise, Water, Meat: A
History of Sound in the Arts_, R. Murray Schafer's, _The Soundscape_,
and David Toop's _Ocean of Sound : Aether Talk, Ambient Sound and
Imaginary Worlds_.  The sad thing is I only have a few months to
assimilate all this research for my thesis paper.  I don't think I'll be
able to get too far (at this point) into the other seminal texts in the
field, but I always appreciate suggestions to fill in the obvious gaps.
In another life I wish I could have designed my own interdisciplinary
program and researched all this material properly.  Alas.

G.