Re: [microsound] Computer advice

Thanks for the advice joshua, tomonori.

どうもありがとうございます :)
(dont know the canji)

and i was hoping to get this over with soon...
i think i'll just buy whatever has a good looking package.

come to think of it, thats not so easy either.

tomonori:

> G4 and SuperCollider. If I were you. (and I have them. They're great. )

Whats SuperCollider?

joshua:

> In short:  decide what you want the computer to do, find the right
> components, research user experiences on line, check with developpers on
> interactive incompatibilities between your chosen components, and THEN
> buy.  For me the process took about two months.

the problem with me is i still dont know what i want from my setup...
until now i was just fooling around with audimulch, cakewalk, my
sampler-soundcard and some more freeware but i have a chance
to do a live set soon, and my computer just isnt powerful enough...

oh well, i guess i have a lot of net-wandering to do.

thanks
Assaf