Vladislav Delay "Multila" / American Beauty

> i'm only at track 3 (well, 10 minutes through it) & it's
> already the best minimal techno cd i've ever heard (but i don't listen
> to a lot of minimal techno so interpret this the way you want).
>
> it's like snd with a focus.  & a sound a lot more reverberative &
> getting closer to microsoundesque concerns than i've heard say arovane
> do.

I agree, "Multila" is excellent. It's a great step for Chain Reaction -
the Fluxion and Hallucinator records were both just treading water, IMO.
"Multila" really moves things forward - it's warm, polyrhythmic, and
inviting.

On another topic, I had the best microsound-type experience last
weekend. I saw American Beauty for the second time, except this time the
soundtrack was glitching slightly. If you've seen the film, you might
recall that many of the main themes are primarily solo piano. Towards
the end of the film especially, the soundtrack glitches would affect
(and effect) these piano passages, making for some beautiful glitched
sound. The notes sort of smeared around, it was really wonderful. I'm
tempted to buy the soundtrack, but I'm afraid I'll be dissapointed
because of this memory.

Cheers,

Bill