Re: [microsound] mac emulators, soundhack...mixer

smyglyssna wrote:

> dunno about mac emulators for the pc, but reaktor is both mac/pc (you get both
> versions when you buy it) and soundhack is actually pretty obsolete. i have
> really no idea why people like it.

Obsolete? Hmm...not at all the case with me. Why they/I like it? It produces
astonishing morphs, its convolution feature is as flexible as non-real-time
DSPing goes (I still haven´t found another piece of software that can do it quite
like this, and even my Kyma system can´t do convolution).

....and the timestretching is good (flexible in terms of # of bands)...and the
pitchshifting is good...and you can timevary functions etc. etc. and there are
some great compression/expanding features...and how about singling out all "e"´s
of the word chineese? It can be done.

I still love Soundhack. It costs nothing and for all the incredibly things it
does, it´s quite something.

But I´m sure a certain Rabelais can say more about this.   :)

> /henrik

/Oeivind/