Zammuto/Willscher recommendation

> the Zammuto album, Willscher, to appear soon on the Apartment B label, has
> been described in this way. i've heard one Zammuto track (on the Tom
> label's '99 "For Friends" compilation), and it was definitely headed in
> this direction.

I'd like to put in a strong second for the Zammuto recommendation. I
was lucky enough to get the 3-CD-R set, from which the single-disc
Apartment B release is compiled.

The first CD-R of the 3-disc set is all glitchy ambient, using what
seems to be bass guitar (or processed standard guitar) as source
material. The disc has some lovely qualities due to its choice of
source material, too - I'm a sucker for melodic electric basslines,
and while there aren't many actual 'lines', they are beautifully
implied. It's very subtle, and very pleasant.

The 3rd disc uses source material in much the same vein, too.

I'm eager to pick up the proper release.

Bill / dj marathon
--
AppNet MidWest Interactive [formerly Sigma6] / http://www.appnet.com

now available:        http://techno.ca/cognition/show598.htm