Re: [microsound] Zammuto/Willscher recommendation

> I'd like to put in a strong second for the Zammuto recommendation. I
> was lucky enough to get the 3-CD-R set, from which the single-disc
> Apartment B release is compiled.

the zammuto cd is basically the bulk of the 3rd cd, minus a few songs
which probably didn't belong to the final project (a shame to lose the
3-song 'house ep' though!  hope to see that one resurface somewhere...
& the 'full martyr status' track is being missed as well, it was
probably my favorite on the disc.)

that isn't to say the zammuto cd isn't a good one, of course...  it's
just as lovely as everyone says, & there are plenty of highlights still;
also makes for a more homogenous album, for better or for worse...

as a sidenote, i didn't know he had been featured on a tom
compilation...  but one of my bets when everybody was wondering what
label was going to pick him up was tom, so i'm glad to see i wasn't so
far off.  :)  it does fall somewhere along the same aesthetic of playful
but still uncompromising experimentation.

~ david

np: plux quba...  & what a strange, enjoyable album that is!