Doug Kahn chat

the chat last night went well once everyone updated their hotline
client...the old one decided to time bomb yesterday (talk about bad timing)
forcing everyone to update and get all the moving parts to settle in and
behave...once things got under way it seemed to roll along well...we spent
2 hours picking Dougs brain about his book and topics dealing with
electronic music...the transcript is up on the server...if anyone wants a
copy please email me and I will mail it to you...I am still plodding
through Dougs book but I highly recommend it to everyone on this list...

thanks to Eddie (as usual) for keeping the hotline server updated and
humming along smoothly!
also, shouts to Habib who held himself back from engaging in too much Eno
bashing! ;)
KIM

__________________________
kim.cascone

kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.anechoicmedia.com
microsound hotline server: microsound.dyn.dhs.org

new releases:

? full length:: "cathodeFlower" (Ritornell/Mille Plateaux)
? mp3 release:: "pulsar studies" (Falsch/ http://www.fals.ch)
? compilation:: "cubeQuadratische (Herniated Mix #1)"
		      ("V/A - blueCubism" on Digital Narcis)

"the smooth always posseses a greater power of deterritorialization than
the striated."
   - Deleuze & Guattari