Re: [microsound] purple

In a message dated 3/28/00 4:08:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ezueled@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< And what about the fetish portrayed in Crash? A car is surely
 trivial as an isolated object, but insert the displaced human being and
things
 suddenly oscillate and escalate into something completely different. >>

Remember marinetti's enlightening experience in a car crash- which as I
recall lead to the birth of Futurism?
Man's experience in confronting his newly obtained tool's power. A
machine-fetish was defenitly present back then, and with today's perspective
I can venture and say a mystification of the machine.
In fact, I think, it really doesn't matter if I use a horse, a hammer, a car,
electricity,    a computer, nuclear energy- as all of these will never cease
to be a reflection of myself. And I will never cease to use them as my way of
exploring the wilderness of my own mental harddrive.