dean roberts question + more

out of absolute curiosity, where does the track 'cindy tells me' (from
the ritornell cd '& the black moths play the grand cinema') comes from?
it is credited '(c)1975 eno/manzanera', which doesn't mean much to me
(well, yes, i know who brian eno is).  having been born that year
doesn't help i should suppose.

it's a very nice album, if you haven't checked it out.  i was surprised
it was on ritornell on the first place as it has more of a rock
structure.  but then again, it made enough sense ~ it's quite evident
that even very abstract electronic music is never very far very abstract
rock.  still; it seems as if roberts tries never to sing too prominently
(the aforementioned cover excepted) so as to not interfere with the
ambience (lots of midrange sonics & canonically digital bursts in the
highs); he also doesn't get too song-y.  anyway, it makes me wonder
about his work in thela among other things.

i'm on a diet of cd purchasing for various reasons.  btw, since someone
said the schematic comp wasn't that good, i picked the while cd.  it's
not as memorable as the 12", but hey, that's just the sort of mathematic
beats i like.

~ david

& speaking of very abstract rock, np: u.s. maple 'talker' (drag city).
i was born to hear this.  thanks to whoever recommended me this band,
even though they may not even subscribe to this list.