Re: [microsound] two quick shout outs + 1 gig (mtl-specific)

At 09:54 PM 4/27/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>2) taylor deupree 'focux' 12" (audio.nl)...  minimal beats with dub
>grooves...  all beautifully desynchronized, with more digital artifacts
>than you can throw a joystick at.  you can even dance to it.  the new
>motor & goem 12"s have also hit the store but i'm waiting for my
>paycheck first.  :)  what's the word on those?  i hear the goem is even
>more minimal than the previous one on audio.nl, which sounds intriguing
>because that other one is like, barely there.

Yes. Taylor's 12" on Audio.NL is good - much better than the new
Motor ep. Dont get me wrong, the new Motor is solid but in more of
a straightforward techno style with two quirky building minimal techno
tracks and one deeper atmospheric techno number. Again, a solid record
but one I probably wont listen to all that often.

The new goem 12", on the other hand, is excellent. It features two long
beatless (some would say musicless as well) ambient/microsound tracks
both built from and/or based on actual cricket sounds. On both these tracks
expect remnants of familiar cricket sounds mixed with subtle pulsating chirps,
tones, washes and drones all gently intermingling withing a quiet spacious
sonic landscape. Every sound element of these quiet tracks seems to
continually float in and out of audible consciousness adding a hint of
movement in this mesmerizingly subtle ep. Recommended.

-->-Lance---
lance@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
p.o. box 450715
westlake, ohio 44145