RE: [microsound] Ritornell takes a liberty?

> well, what about the music on Ritornell?
> Is it like Trente OIseaux (who also had an overall design policy in the
>beginning) - with one particular way of making music ? I  listened to
>Stillupsteypa's Cd and then to Dean Robert's, and they don't really seem
>alike.

actually that's something I forgot to add probably: at most
'series'/'labels' the artist has freedom in sound, i.e. he can do what he
wants. The music on Ritornell is very nice, and moves into different
places. And that is something that bothers me on the Trente Oiseaux
releases: in the mastering process which they do, they make it into a
Trente CD. for instance Daniel Menche's CD sound horrible, I think. In that
respect artists have not much to add for their own with regard to how it
will sound with Trente; Bernard Guenther knows it better then the artist.
That's the main weak point on his label, everything starts sounding the
same (it's like ECM)

as for ritornell I really like the Stillupsteypa, Deupree and Roberts -
they are all so different, yet they do make sense on one label.

Frans