Re: [microsound] bias

kim.cascone wrote:
> telling the teacher any information about the origins of the piece would
> bias her/his perception immediately...this is just tilting the scale in the
> other direction...

one wouldn't have to say that the music is the student's, just that he or
she would like a critique.

perhaps the person would be flattered to have his or her opinion sought...

sony mao wrote:
> ...besides, its not nice to lie to your instructor.

deception is definitely not nice...

maybe telling them that an internet disscusion group would like to hear
their opinion might unduly embarrass or make them feel them put upon.

i thought it'd be interesting to hear a candid, perhaps dissenting,
criticism from point of view different from what's usually said here.

we're all students of some sort here, aren't we?

i didn't have a terribly good experience with my thesis adviser (soporific)
but in retrospect a lot of her criticisms proved true...

chris