Re: [microsound] pop music

> > > what's a good pop/microsound crossover nowadays?
> >
> > what about fennesz plays on mego?

very definitely. i think lots of people on this list (and others) are
afraid of even saying 'pop music'!

pop music!

Id like to hear Fennesz cover 'Suspicious minds' by Elvis.
Christian Fennesz took part in the pre-show discussion at the recent
'Audible Light' show in Oxford. One of  the most interesting things he
talked about was his love of melody/harmony and that his aim was to
always bear the musicality of his pieces in mind when he is writing
music.
oval also has a pop music feel to me. I think glitch/microsound musics
are being assimilated into popular culture pretty quickly. Its futuristic
'data' themes must make Marketing managers cream their pants. Do you
think Fennesz will do Mobile WAP Phone adverts?...
even the new 'intro movie' at Odeon cinemas in the UK has a glitchy
cut-up kind of soundtrack (with suitably blurry plugin soaked cut up
visuals).