Re: [microsound] pop music

At 02:32 PM 5/23/00 -0400, david turgeon wrote:
pop/songy universe.  so both worlds aren't that far apart, i just get
the feeling that they haven't been connected yet.

I thought Oval connected them quite well on "Wohnton," actually, with the glitchified pop of that first one in many ways being more subversive than the more orthodox process-based work to follow (although I have always found a melodic appeal in even later Oval generally missing from other music of this sort). And I cannot call it pop, but Ami's indescribable "Spirtiual Voice" - on which female vocals are atomized in a quite micro-friendly way with the help of Tamaru (a name rarely mentioned here or elsewhere, sadly) - is certainly worthy of exploration as well, if it can be found.

np - "Clicks + Cuts" (very nice Sutekh track at the moment)

NOTE NEW DOMAIN FOR E-MAIL & WEB:
joshua maremont / thermal - mailto:thermal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
boxman [hako otoko] label - http://www.boxmanstudies.com/

--Boundary_(ID_xmr3MDWAlbsY0jl/ZHviIQ)