Woodstockhausen 2000: Call for participation

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
		- Frank Zappa

"There are only twelve tones. You must treat them carefully."
		- Paul Hindesmith

"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the
right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself."
		- Johann Sebastian Bach

"I was under medication when I made the decision not to burn the tapes."
		- Richard Nixon

Audionauts,
Visual Artists,
Performers of the Weird:

You are cordially invited to participate in Woodstockhausen 2000, the
third annual "tiny festival of esoteric music" held in the coastal
redwood forest of the Santa Cruz mountains.  Woodstockhausen has been
many things to many people, but chiefly it is a backyard celebration of
the bizarre, the unusual, and the just plain silly in music and
performance art.  Woodstockhausen performers have astounded
audiences with their technological innovations, visual splendor,
odd lack of taste, and unprecedented weirdness.  Please feel free to
forward this invitation to other individuals or lists where the event
may be of interest, but please do so IMMEDIATELY.

This years performance will take place on Saturday, August 19, at a
location yet to be resolved in Boulder Creek, California.  Submissions
of music and performance concepts are encouraged, with the following
initial guidlines:
	* Works should be "experimental" in nature...this is obviously
	  open to interpretation
	* Live performance sets should be no longer than 15 minutes,
	  recorded pieces should be no longer than 10 minutes
	* With very few exceptions, composers of recorded works must
	  be present at the concert in order for their works to be
	  played.
Further submission guidelines going into greater detail will be
announced this Friday on the Woodstockhausen email list...please make
sure you have subscribed to the list before this date (instructions
below).

In addition to musical submissions, volunteers are desperately needed
to help run the concert, for jobs ranging from stage techs to parking
assistants.  Again, details will follow on Friday on the Woodstockhausen
mailing list... please make sure you have subscribed.

Making a little sound...
-Wayne

HOW TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE EMAIL LIST:
1. Send an email message from the address where you wish to receive
   mail to emusic-request@xxxxxxxxxxx
2. In the body of the message (no subject), write the single word
   "subscribe" by itself.

That should be all you need to do.  Again, this email list is the
primary communication tool for Woodstockhausen.  If you do not subscribe,
you will miss future information postings and be OUT OF THE LOOP.
"The faster you go, the shorter you are."
		- Albert Einstein

"I think I deserve to ask MTV a question. Do I have any
roast Beef in my teeth?, I just ate."
		- Tom Hamilton, Aerosmith