Re: [microsound] mego (was: enough already!)

why would anyone go to the trouble of booking a gig overseas, enduring a 10 hour flight to get it, travel by car in the summer heat, and play for a lousy $10 with two other acts?

its been a while, but what club, in say, manhatten, can you get into, just to listen to a dj, ANY dj, for $10?! let alone three live acts. on miami beach you might get inside a smelly nightclub for $20 if you can impress gilbert the doorman---and i hope you like $9 coca-colas (well, cola).

the beatles played twenty minute sets, and its taken me several years to work my way to the restraint of playing shorter sets. i enjoy improvisational electronics and i would play three and four hour sets at BAR on miami beach, now i would rather play 20 minutes, distilling all those ideas into those few moments, but...just buy me a cocktail, big boy, and i'll give you a freebie.

                sony mao