Re: [microsound] best music to trip to

amnesia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  like to listen to the sounds of life, when having t........you can hear
>  tiny sounds, I swear I can hear ants and tiny insects

yeah definitely. i live on the top floor, and we tripped during the day last
summer and opened up all the windows. i heard for MILES! in all directions!
the sounds that i normally filtered out were now sifting through. i am still
in awe of the power of listening i had always been capable of and never
accessed until then. since then, my own music has improved, and stuff like
vlad delay, coil, nosei sakata, richard chartier, and taylor dupree has
become monumentally important to me. listening to this music can act as  a
tryptaphine molecule for me now, heightening  my awareness through sound.
especially O/R by chartier and sakata.i didn't grasp it in within the first
few listens, but after my experience last summer the album's overall shape
has become apparent to me, with it's sub-audible frequencies and
schixophrenic brilliance. it's music and sound pushed to the breaking point,
intense and brilliant, and my head aches after i listen to it much like my
balls do after good sex.
   i believe i've seen richard chartier on this list before, and if i have, i
salute you , sir. thanks for the noise.