got soup?

At 03:19 PM 8/3/00 -0700, m wrote:
Yes, an excellent disc, seek this out. I find many Soup disk releases
intriguing as well, though sometimes not as enduring... more as a one or
two time listen.

The compilations that endure for me - including the various sidelabels and sublabels of the Soup-Disk world - are: "Circuits Brasileiros" 1 & 2 (mellow but strange Japanese-Brasilian exotica shot through through with digital trickstering) and "Silver Minutes" (whose titles make it seem to be a stoner hip-hop record, in perplexing contrast to the pristine computerized shivers and jitters sprinkled upon the quiet atmospheres within). Tamaru, Anzai Osamu, and many others enter the fray, meanwhile, on the even stranger remix assortments by 8ight Power of Fields ("Moods & Woods") and Charred Bells ("Broken Bell Breaks Volume 2"), sending psychotic hip-hop, outside acoustic improvisation, serene ambience, and chaotic noise through a bizarre series of digital distressings before spewing them forth from the speakers. I hope if an alien lifeform lands its craft on Earth, it hears one of these before suffering through the Backstreet Boys; the look on its face - had it a face - would I expect be priceless.

joshua maremont / thermal - mailto:thermal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
boxman studies label - http://www.boxmanstudies.com/