[no subject]

And the assymetric lurching melodicism balanced against broken-radio
breakbeats seems to me to deliver on a promise that Oval never did, of
making
an actual connection to the listener.

Which isn't to say that Ensemble is derivative, except in the sense that
no music occurs in a vacuum.  They've just managed to synthesize their
influences into something that works.  It is music that I'd love to see
performed live, really loud, even as it's overall impact is of quiet.

I'm hoping that they have a long career with Rephlex as they seem
to have plenty to say ...

someone also posted a URL with sound bites from the cd but i didnt book mark
it.

m.
"The camera chucks a complete wobbly if you run downwards into a wall."