Re: [microsound] bottom of the clicks

patrick halbig wrote:

> motivations seem fairly diverse.  As far as 'Clicks' goes....I found this to
> be a bit silly myself....trying to baptize a genre perhaps... Whatever.

Without elaborating, I think this "baptizing" of a genre has something to do
with Deleuzes idea of "concept creation". For example, "I would say that the
concept is a system of singularities appropriated from a thought flow. A
philosopher is someone who invents <fabrique> concepts. Is he an intellectual?
No, in my opinion. For a concept as system of singularities appropriated from a
thought flow... Imagine the universal thought flow as a kind of interior
monologue, the interior monologue of everyone who thinks. Philosophy
arises with the action that consists of creating concepts. For me, there are as
many creations in the invention of a concept as in the creation by a great
painter or musician. One can also conceive of a continuous acoustic flow
(perhaps that is only an idea, but it matters little if this idea is justified)
that traverses the world and that even encompasses silence. A musician is
someone who appropriates something from this flow: notes? Aggregates of notes?
No? What will we call the new sound from a musician? You sense then that it is
not simply a question of the system of notes. It's the same thing for a
philosopher, it is simply a question of creating concepts rather than sounds."

Beautifully put.

More from Deleuze on this at:
http://www.imaginet.fr/deleuze/TXT/ENG/150480.html

> Enough.  I recommend the INA-GRM material if you are unhappy with the
> 'underground' posing.

Yes...INA-GRM is fantastic. Bayle, Parmegiani, Teruggi, Dhomont (actually
empreintes DIGITALes, but same deal).

/Øivind/