Re: [microsound] Apology

Wow, i'd hate to be on this list.

[mad shout outs to s.mao!=]
----- Original Message -----
From: <Arelar33@xxxxxxx>
To: <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 5:51 PM
Subject: [microsound] Apology

In a message dated 08 09 00 21 19 06, kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>sorry! I have have meant to view your CDROM but just haven't gotten around
>to it...
>mea culpa!

Oh dear me...this just gets worse and worse!!
Im really sorry to have caused so much distress and it was certainly never
my
intention to make any individual feel bad (honestly!).
I guess my remarks were inappropriate for the list, but I really did think
that they would be taken with the humour in which they were written.
One thing I might say in my favour is that I did not mention anybody in
particular (unlike recent posts concerning concert organisations and
organisers), I have the feeling though that I have offended some
individuals,
so I would just like to point out  that I was only stating that I am
genuinely impressed by peoples abilities to whip off erudite responses so
quickly.
When I asked what people were doing, I meant the question seriously...I
really dont see how this has been taken so wrongly.
How can I put it better..
Some of the list members seem able to write very well, with great knowledge
and with amazing speed...I am full of admiration for you..what is it that
you
do?
Does that sound more agreeable?

Im pretty bruised about things that have happened to me during my research,
which came to a head quite recently, and I realize now that I mistakenly let
some of my personal feelings out into a public space where it was wholy
inappropriate. I do apologise for that and I would rather that you all just
let it drop and spare me any further embarrasment.

Are we all still friends?
good humour
Rob