RE: [microsound] compassion for basket weaving.

I'm certainly glad I'm not boring you Dale :)  I heard the term "tectonics"
come up earlier on this list (perhaps it was mentioned by you?) and I wonder
whether this is a term which is common to a musician's vocabulary?   When it
gets used in an architectural context, tectonics refers to the formal
expression of both the craft and inherently material nature of architecture.
An example might be that wood has certain inherent qualities and concrete
has distinct others.  To take the knowledge of how those materials behave
over time and how they join one another and to then let it guide larger
issues about the form of a structure would be giving the building a
distinctly tectonic form.  How do suppose that term might translate to the
creation of music?

Gunnar