Microbes and Music (was Where in the World?

Yes, I'm a microbiologist, hence my interest in microsound.:-)
Check out the Audio Microscope site at
http://www.benchmarkmedia.com/appnotes-a/audiomsc.asp
may be useful for microsound but a bit big to record a microbe.

on a microbial level check out
joe davis and katie egan and their audio microscope
at http://kultur.aec.at/festival2000/press/presse2_e.html
and joe davis at http://www.iflugs.hdk-berlin.de/kg/akt.htm

My wife and I presented a paper at PRICAI 2000 (pacific rim artificial
intelligence conference) last month on "Microbes and Music" in which we use
L-systems models of microbial growth to produce midi files.
The paper has been published by Springer-Verlag in their lecture Notes in
Artificial Intelligence series. We are currently working on a website for an
exhibition in Sydney in October called "autonomous audio" which should reveal
all to the world.

Cheers from Bendigo, Australia
jacques