RE: [microsound] Composers using "glitch" need to just do it!

-----"glitch", nowadays, is more of a genre term, although it is still
-----vague.  being a genre, it is restrictive; but, it is also
-----_descriptive_.  "electroacoustic" is not.  neither is "microsound".

Agreed.  But what is it descriptive of?  Perhaps only one very specific and
superficial aspect of your art?  The term doesn't encourage people to look
much further.  If I design a building that happens explore the reflective
nature of glass I would be really pissed if someone referred to my work as
"gloss" architecture.  Yeah, the term glitch is shorthand and it may help
reviewers classify your work but I don't think it does justice to the hard
work you put into making the music.  I guess it's just my opinion and if it
doesn't bother you then I guess there's no harm done.

Gunnar