review:oval/twine live in cleveland

quick review of last night's show:

twine:
my first experience with twine, had a small idea of what to expect based on descriptions i've read, must say that i was really impressed. wonderful mix of seemingly abstract/random noise with perfectly placed bits of almost melodicism. top notch.

oval:
having not listened to much of the new oval (i haven't purchased anything past 94diskont) i was again, not really knowing what to expect. overall opinion, it was so/so. good timing with all of his sounds but a few to many times it felt as if he was just trying to be abrasive sounding just for kicks. fewer moments of ambience than i was expecting but overall an impressive assault on the ears.

based on what i heard last night, i'm going to go and purchase twine's new material, but i think i'll pass on the oval (my $.02)

craig.

..  .       aural|architecture
..  .      techno|idm|microsound
..  .        host|craig_s