RE: [microsound]digital silence

not to add layers of obfuscation, but in addition to this totally muted
soundfile, there's also the software layer, the hardware layer (containing
at least the DA converter layer, the amp layer, the speaker layer), the
medium (air) layer, the ear layer and the brain layer. and probably lots of
other layers that i am entirely ignoring due to insensitivity and ignorance.
whose to say which one is making all the racket?

(but then again, this may not be an issue for those of you with tight sound
systems and the foresight to stay away from the bassbins.)