Re: [microsound] Ovals software

On Sun, 1 Oct 2000, p h o n k wrote:
> it doesn't.

How should the audience feel when the process behind apparently heavily
process based music is not revealed?

There are of course reasons why an artist may choose not to release source
code or software.  But I feel I can appreciate music on a different level,
and feel more involved with it, if I have clues about the underlying
process.

This is particularly true when this music is performed live.  I hate to
see people hiding behind their laptops, distracting the audience with
unrelated projected animations.  Wasted opportunity.

Alex