C. Charles ++

Now listening to Christophe Charles latest on Ritornell
(Undirected/Dok)...and it´s quite the experience. Like his previous
release on the deleuzian Plateaux, Undirected 86-96, it´s a magnificent
blend of processed electronics and mangled field recordings. So subtle,
so flowing, and so otherwordly. There are snippets of Oval´s equally
great Dok sprinkled all over the sound field, but they are used for
background material rather than foregrounding. So recommended.

A couple of other recent rhizomatic purchases: Ekkehard Ehlers "Betrieb"
-- looped reconstructions of contemporary orchestral music that form
sometimes beautiful, sometimes deliciously strange, themeparks  -- and
Luomos "Vocalcity"...the most sexy piece(s) of house I´ve heard since
Jack was into construction way back then. Also get Pluramon´s "Bit sand
riders", particularly for the outstanding remixes by Hecker, Mogwai,
snd, FX Randomiz and Matmos, and check out Xenakis´ "Persepolis" -- the
most dense recording I´ve heard in ages; as choke full of information as
any Greenaway movie.

/Øivind/
--
"Silence is so accurate."