Re: [microsound] B.S. (britney spears)

I prefer to think about Britney this way. Her success, is the culmination of
several technological and cultural forces (music production, branding, video
production, advertising, the internet, MTV, etc...). These forces are
achievements in and of themselves and the fact that they converge in her,
literally at the point of her physical presence makes her, in most contexts
in which we would encounter her, more than human. Hyperbolic? Yes, but
imagine what happens to her walking down any street anywhere in America.
This is all without mentioning that she is incredibly vacant and has no
awareness of her position. She is literally a walking shell of all of  late
capitalism greatest hits.
Anyway, I think 'Oops' is really her only good song.

-km