Re: [microsound] B.S. (britney spears)

> for the record,  britney is small potatoes compared to MY favorite (ahem)
> teenybopper juggernaut The Vengaboys.  there's FOUR of them, and they
kinda
> each have a theme.  their music is at once horrible and wonderful,
> instantly forgetable and totally memorable, unbelieveably simplistic and
> elegant.  it's crap but they've mounted number 1's in something
approaching
> 30 bazillion countries.  they're like a more planned-out Aqua if that
> helps.  one of their songs has achieved the coveted "techno jock jam"
> status usually only reserved for 2 Unlimited and Republica.

You know, I've got to agree. Someone was playing their record in the
dressing room, and even I, the most rhythmless of them all was compelled to
break it down. Listen: what's the big fucking deal? I dig N'Sync when
they're playing in my friends' cars, and we're all laughing and singing
along. It'd be nice if they listened to as much egghead shit as I do, but
they don't, and who am I to judge them. Bubblegum pop is fun in context, and
that's really all I've got to say.

Cheers,
Nirav
AIM: Icefactory37
--
OnNow- Voice Crack- Infra-red
"Don't try to make me consistent. I am learning all the time."  - R.