Re: [microsound] pierre henry

I could recommend plenty of his works! One that I find to be a precusor
to much of the current micro sound, is "Mouvement.Rythme.Etude" 1970. One
personal favorite is "Le Livre Des Morts Egyptien" 1986-88. I have quite
a bit of his CD released works (including Apocalypse de Jean), so I could
go on for a quite a while. By the way, I also have Tulpas. A very nice
book/packaging from Selektion.

n.p. the freeway outside my open window.

Like Ulysses is now available. http://overheard.homestead.com/lloyd.html
 and a new release by DASL - Zen Tread now available
http://overheard.homestead.com/zenT.html
On Fri, 3 Nov 2000 12:07:22 -0800 (PST) Scott Handley
<thesubtlebody@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I know almost nothing about the man's work, but I've
> been looking at the "Mix 1.0" box set and it contains
> at least one composition ("Apocalypse de Jean") that
> comes highly recommended.  There's also, apparently, a
> William Orbit remix (?!) of another composition on one
> of the CDs, but the original (?) comp. is not
> included.  Can anyone recommend this, or any other
> Henry recorded work for me?  Please respond privately
> if this isn't of [micro]-interest.
>
> Thanks in advance, as always,
>
> ----s
>
> NP: TULPAS (co-workers are becoming distressed)

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.