From: boyd korab [mailto:bkorab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2000 10:24 PM
To: microsound
Subject: [microsound] computer noise

Im finding the noise of the computer a problem an when writing music.  For
laptop users it is a non issue as they are quiet, but my desktop sounds like
an air conditioner. The main components are hard drive noise, power supply
noise and cpu noise. The only one thats hard to kill is hard drive noise due
to heat problems.  ANyone had any luck with this short of moving the pc to
another room(im in a flat so that is not an option)?
In studios with 4-5 computers running dsp software, audio tracking,
sequencer, etc noise  must become something of a problem. Even the internal
drive on a k2000 can be noisy!!
thanks
Boidos