RE: [microsound] I enjoyed it thoroughly..and i'd like to know ho w he did it.

i think that duchamps readymade is the exact opposite of what we are
discussing here.  in his case EVERYBODY knows what it was becasue it was
obvious...and it was novel that he signed it.  in the case of many laptop
performers practically noone know what the sounds are so there is nothing
novel about "signing" it as your own when the sounds came from someone else.
people just assume you made the sounds and if you did not then you are
misleading the audience, IMO.

i think there is some middle ground here.  all i'd like to see is the people
who contribute to the sound get mentioned not so much from an artistic
standpoint because i can enjoy something beautiful without knowing how it
was done; but more from a human respect level.  it also makes me sad when
the players in a "rock star's" band don't get mentioned...it a respect
thing.

josh