Re: [microsound] Pub: Summer, Fluxion

~~~@@@Playing By Ear - 24 November 2000

~~~@@@Prices in US dollars :::/// postage extra

~~~@@@Pay by cheque, m.o., or cash :::/// no credit cards

~~~@@@To order - REPLY w/ your pix *EXACTLY* as they appear here

~~~@@@Please DON'T send back the entire list

[LIMITED RESTOCKS ON (2) OF 2000's FINEST ALBUMS -- PLACE ORDERS NOW]

VERTICAL FORM (UK):

$13.99 PUB: Summer CD (VFORM CD 001). "For our first CD project we present a

compilation package of the recent Pub Summer project, which includes

both parts one and two (taken from VFORM003 & VFORM004) with

additional, specifically commissioned mixes from both Vladislav Delay

and Arovane which were not released on either of the vinyl releases.

In total, the project clocks in at over sixty minutes in length,

effectively and consistently documenting the outcome of a large scale

production project which includes some of the most exciting,

innovative and talented and producers on the current electronic

scene. The opening cut sees the original version of 'Summer' in its

full 16 minute long epic format which lays the foundation and

starting point for the project to be built upon. This original

version is a masterfully and beautifully crafted electronic

masterpiece, which delves deeply into the blissed, melodic and

aquatic side of atmospherics and electronics. With the fusion of

heart moving melodies alongside expertly executed delayed and

compressed sound formations, the groove develops into a beautifully

shaped piece, that produces quite unique and special results. To

follow, Helsinki based Vladislav Delay delivers the first of two

stunning reconfiguration's providing us with a chilled, moving

outlook on the Summer sound. On the third cut, Berlin based Arovane

applies his trademark electronic trickery to the mix, completely

reinventing the original and producing quite simply, classic

results."

FORCE INC. (GERMANY):

$14.99 UUSITALO: Vapaa Muurai CD (FIM 199). "Uusitalo is the next bomb by

Vladislav Delay, after the release of his amazing Luomo Vocalcity

album. With this new project Delay is concentrating on and

experimenting with other directions and genres of club music. Vapaa

Muurari is a post-product of his Entain album for Mille Plateaux,

continuing where it ended, only on a different platform. It's

imaginary club lifestyle music. 71 minutes of groove is captured to

tape and designed to give the listener a new perspective for

electronic music. 'How I feel about my music is like a fashion

magazine, you put everything in to create what is needed but when

it's out, the next minute it's gone', says Delay. Uusitalo is

extracting vibrations, variations, modulations and decomposition.

Again: Delay's music is a crystal of space-time."

>>I am writing David to let him know the Microsound listees may contact him concerning these releses.

I will not post this elsewhere so you all get the first shot...

Peace

Glenn

~::::the|raging|consciousness|desk::::~