Re: [microsound] Re: Herbert Brun, 1918-2000

Thanks Bill, for the news. I just put on the only piece I think I have by
him which is called Anepigraphe (1958) from the Cologne - WDR cd on BV
Haast.

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000 16:25:54 +0100 bill selman <vache@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Sad news.  If it interests anyone, one of the great pioneers has just
> passed away.  A friend just sent this to me:
>
> >I just learned a few days ago that Herbert passed away, with his
> friends by
> >his side, in Urbana. He was 82, and his health had been
> deteriorating for
> >the past few years. I hadn't seen him since 1995, but apparently
> for the
> >last two years he was in a wheelchair with oxygen tanks, and in the
> last
> >year he only left his apartment a few times.
>
> >One of these times was a few weeks before his death, when he went
> to NYC to
> >give lectures at Columbia and NYC, and to be honored by a five hour
> concert
> >of his work. It sounds like he got sick immediately afterward.

Dale Lloyd - Like Ulysses is now available.
http://overheard.homestead.com/lloyd.html
New release by DASL - Zen Tread now available
http://overheard.homestead.com/zenT.html

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.