Re: contact mics

hey kim -
thanks for posting the contact mic info. sorry to drop the ball myself, but
i was in the midst of turkey (the bird/food not the country unfortunately)
and away from the computer for a few days. i have now finally waded through
the digests and individuals who deluged me with interest in terms of how to
make one. i am sure kim's post should answer most questions - indeed it
contained much more than i know - the one thing i would like to add  is
that i actually like using the piezo while it is still housed in the black
plastic 'shell'. most folks want to remove them or simply buy the metal
disc by itself, but the plastic shell with a hole in it is quite a
wonderful resonator and you can do all sorts of things with it that sound
incredible, such as blowing on it to make it whistle - and when you put one
in your mouth, the plastic protects you from touching a tooth filling to
metal which really hurts. also you can manipulate the plastic with your
hands differently than a thin metal disc, so when you all make these
things, do like uncle steve says and try at least one keeping the shell
intact and see how that works for you. sorry for the lengthy reply, but
since i don't use a computer to make my work, i figured i could at least
respond to one technical question! if anyone else has any questions
regarding mic use or making you are free to contact me off list.
take care.
steve

steve roden/in be tween noise
box 50261 pasadena california 91115-0261
usa
phone 626 403 9343
please note, we have no more fax.
e-mail:sroden@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"the eyes transmit thoughts, therefore i shut them from time to time in
order to stop having to think"
robert walser
..

--Boundary_(ID_YD6M6o4lRJMecEaVhc8EZw)