Re: [microsound]Ikeda's Matrix

a couple of clarifications to my earlier post:

my system is definitely "high-end" (so much so that I occasionally get
complaints from my adjoining neighbors in the next building), and I just
played both Matrix CDs again, at quite high volume. I heard more of the
effects that people are talking about, so I suppose that he was successful in
what he was trying to accomplish. I do stand by my opinion, however, that the
results sound quite arid and lifeless. I agree with Taylor that the second
disc is preferable, but I still didn't get much enjoyment from it. possibly
it's my bias toward the energy of improvisation that's coming into play here,
but I wanted to register my opinion nevertheless.

also, my Xenakis reference wasn't a very good one, after listening to that
also again today. apples and oranges, indeed. consider that retracted.

Jon
www.erstwhilerecords.com