Re: [microsound] lag tunes ?

on 12/2/00 8:56 PM, jonah dempcy at jdempcy@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> is there any music that is centered on lag? ie: playback of songs on a slow
> computer where the lag affects the song, kind of similar to a CD skipping.
>
> i'm working on a tune right now (sequenced in acid) and when it gets to a
> certain point, my computer can't take it. freaks out and lags like hell, but
> it sounds, well, interesting...plays very small increments of the song at a
> time.. kind of like an audio strobe light. or a tremelo effect, but
> different.
>
> -jonah

sometimes when working in pro tools similar "accidents" occur. i don't know
exactly what causes it but playback of a track or tracks will happen very
slow and at a lesser bit level. sounds awsome. it's unpredictable and
random, but if you can play a track until it happens and then sample the
accident it would be very cool in a "song". i've done this myself and
enjoyed the results quite a bit.
palmer