Re: [microsound]M/S

On Sun, 3 Dec 2000 17:21:11 +1300 "Greg" <gregg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I'm thinking that this lower-case lack-of-sound sound is quite a
> good idea,
> despite its self indulgence... we are hideously overloaded with
> sound and
> information in life anyhow, so something which deliberately rids
> itself of
> that is a good thing. Problematically you really require a really
> good
> stereo system in virtually an anachoic chamber to hear this, as
> ambient
> enviromental sounds encroach on the listening experience...

I love silence or space in compositions and don't think that all silent
pieces are verging on self indulgence, though I do think that certain
cd's with recordings in risky frequency ranges that stress speakers, need
to provide a little forewarning in liner notes.
> np: Minoru Sato "in blank/ --on sound" from RLW's "Tulpas"
> compilation...
> fuckin' fantastic! does anybody know anything else about Sato?

Yeah, he also goes by the moniker of M/S and he's a part of WRK in Japan.
Has been on several compilations for WRK and others like Site Of Sound.
I've also got a cd collaboration he did with Toshiya Tsunoda. Talk about
sonic challenge! These guys are pushin' it in a good way. Tulpas has
quite the line-up of greats and I love that book design.
Dale Lloyd - Like Ulysses is now available.
http://overheard.homestead.com/lloyd.html
New release by DASL - Zen Tread now available
http://overheard.homestead.com/zenT.html

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.