Re: [microsound] metta + q

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000 12:58:35 -0800 kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> question: how much does spirituality play in the creation of
> microsound
> music for composers out there?

	I believe that everything is a manifestation of Spirit, electro/micro is
no exception. There has been talking and joking about music in the
microsound genre as being cold and/or inhuman. One definition of
"inhuman" is: "not in accord with human needs". There obviously is a need
for microsound music or we wouldn't be creating it. I think one appeal of
this genre is an inherent need to venture beyond our mundane sphere, into
less familier territory. Is that so cold a pursuit? 			I find a lot of
electronic music more akin to nature than other more tonal based music.
Isn't there a "warmth"  to be found in nature? Surely humans have been
more severly "cold" than nature could ever be. So, for humans to create
music that has a certain neutral disposition akin to what sonically
occurs naturally, to me is somewhat of a virtue.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.