Re: [microsound] Re: love Christian Marclay - Records, want more like it

....there is a little-discussed side of Marclay...his tape manipulation.
Extensions of this were Marclay pieces I saw in the Pompadou museum in Paris. One
was a throw pillow woven entirely of 1/8" tape on which he had meticluously
assembled some Beatles recordings...another was a wall of cassettes stitched
together so that the wall formed a loop with one twist, and I believe the
recordings themselves were loops. In both pieces the content was still the
'sounds' even though they were contained within an elaborate artifact, much like
that sack of pure, blank vinyl that he had made for the MOMA I think.... This is
a similar structure to his performances I believe, the recordings of which are an
incomplete view of what he's trying to do...

...I've also heard that occasionally he'll press an edition of 100 or so records
from a new piece and walk them around NYC distributing them to other music and
downtown music...guess you gotta have your ear to the ground to grab some of
those...jv