Re: [microsound] microsound future

> theres nothing like coming home after a good
> record hunting trip and perusing your recently acquired wares! For me
> anyway!

I agree, but that only happens with the thrift store for me, or
occassionally the used section of record stores.  Who knows what I'll find,
its very exciting.  Going to a record store to browse new product is
typically boring, though.  Everything on the shelf tends to be somewhat
pedestrian, anything unusual must be ordered which takes a few weeks if
everything goes right.  I'm not a huge fan of 'microsound' type stuff but I
like to hear a new release now and again, but its easier to find mp3s on the
internet than albums in the store.  I'd probably buy more than I download if
it were actually available for sale, I read these 'top 10 lists' people are
posting and I'm pretty sure 90% of the titles listed were either ordered
directly or orders placed thru a store.  If I were to post a top 10 cd list
of 'microsound' releases that are actually available in to be purchased on
impulse in my city, the list would only consist of a farmers manual cd and
an oval cd.