From: "Steven Taylor" <kung.funk@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "microsound" <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2000 10:37 PM
Subject: Re: [microsound] nord micromodular

> Its fantastic in my opinion.
>
> I have the full version which is basically the equivalent of 4 micros in
the same box, not much more, and generally I am satisfied only using a 1/4
of the total power...
> Ive done plenty of tracks using only 1 patch as the source, you can get a
large range of sound manipulation or synthesis within a single patch,
drones, clicks, machine noise, and also very soft and
> fragile sounds with complex timbrality and tone.
>
> Its a very nice tactile alternative to pure software synthesis, and offers
a good alternative to programs like super collider/generator, in combination
it offers fantastic possibilities (but alas
> no midi out from internal sequencers.. well not yet. the updatable
software OS is currently updated on a yearly basis).

> Patches are never any larger than 11kb and generally around 4-5kb which
obviously feeds a healthy web community.
> Ive had mine 2 years now and im still challenged everytime I write a new
patch!

> I should be on commission.
>
> Steve
>
> wairox wrote:
>
> > hello all,
> > im thinking of buying a nord micromodular to combine with my computer,
reaktor, generator, etc.... is anybody using it, and with this combination?
any comments good or bad would be appreciated,