Re: [microsound] sound removal help

you're going to need a very narrow, multiband graphic EQ with very
large +/- possibilities.... one device comes to mind that is perfect
for the job:

AudioEase Periscope plug in for MAS (digital performer).. it's a many
band graphic EQ, with slightly adjustable frequencies.. but, the
killer feature is that you can turn any frequency band completely
OFF.. so you can REALLY kill frequencies.. and get rid of just about
anything you want from a signal.

www.audioease.com

A friend asked of me a favor, so, in turn, I've a favor to ask one of y'all.
He sent me a tape that he wanted to remove the sounds from and keep only the
voice. It contains essentially a sound that sounds like the needle falling
into the groove of a very dusty and damaged record looped, an underlying hum
and a voice that is audible but unintelligible. Sounds like something off a
Martin Tetreault record. I've very little expreience with this sort of
thing, so essentially I tried to cut out the high end. This made the voice
more audible, but more unitelliginble because the vocal articulators are
high-pitched sounds. I thought to take the sound, loop it and place it out
of phase with the original, and that might cancel the frequencies and leave
only the voice. Problem is, I have no idea how to do this. Anybody have any
advice, or alternate methods of making the voice intelligible?

Cheers,
Nirav
AIM: Icefactory37
--
OnNow- Dworzec- s/t
"Don't try to make me consistent. I am learning all the time."  - R.