Re: [microsound] mp3 sites

jonah dempcy wrote:

> [...]

Thanks!

> i am really interested in the scales you use,

Those scales are homespun. All mine. The tuning system is an
infinite system of tuning so the possibilities are pretty
much endless. [JI isn't one set of specific scales] But there's plenty
of examples out there. Harry Partch, La Monte Young and so on.
I'll put some links at the end.

> do you have any suggestions in
> pursuing this interst? other artists or websites with information? or
> software that could emulate these and others. thanks,
> -jonah

I use Cakewalk Pro Audio to record them. Except for the echos
on Ar Tar (Cakewalk copy and paste), it's mostly done with
tuned synths and echos. I'm not much of a synth programer, if it
sounds good - either I lucked out or have a good ear for this stuff.

Here's some links and info I posted to loopers delight yesterday.

There's a tuning list at tuning@xxxxxxxxxxx

Some links:
http://www-math.cudenver.edu:80/~jstarret/microtone.html (link-o-rama)
http://www.dnai.com/~jinetwk/ (a good place to learn about JI)
http://corporeal.com/ (Harry Partch)
http://microtones.com (Jon Catler's microtonal gtr. site)
http://lamonteyoung.com (the minimalist)

My on-line streaming audio program,
49/32 Radio - "All Microtonal. All The Time."
http://www.virtulink.com/immp/jux/j_index.htm#events

--
* D a v i d         B e a r d s l e y
* 49/32  R a d i o "all microtonal, all the time"